A number of other medications are available for treating migraines. These include over-the-counter and prescription options.
- Over-the-counter medications
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil)
- Naproxen (Aleve)
- Acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine (Excedrin Migraine)
- Prescription medications
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt), sumatriptan (Imitrex), and zolmitriptan (Zomig)
- Gepants, such as ubrogepant (Ubrelvy) or rimegepant (Nurtec)
- Lasmiditan (Reyvow)
In addition, a variety of daily medications, such as amitriptyline (Amitril, Elavil), propranolol (Inderal LA), and topiramate (Topamax) are available to keep migraines from happening in the first place. Fioricet should never be used as a daily medication.